Virginia Brain Injury Lawyers Seek Full and Fair Compensation for You
Providing compassionate counsel after a catastrophic accident
Brain injury is one of the most serious injuries anyone can suffer, causing far-reaching and permanent consequences. In tragic cases, brain injuries can result in coma or even death.
If you or a loved one is coping with a brain injury caused by the negligence or recklessness of another, you need an aggressive legal team to take on the responsible parties and their insurance companies on your behalf. At Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers, we take your injury and related needs seriously — we provide experienced counsel for you and your family in a time of crisis.
Brain injury's impact on quality of life
Often suffered through car accidents or slip and fall accidents, traumatic brain injury (TBI) involves any kind of trauma to the head. No matter what causes TBI, the consequences are life altering. They include:
- Expensive medical care — Whether your injury requires short-term care in a hospital or long-term care in a rehabilitation facility or your home, you deserve compensation for what are often huge medical expenses.
- An inability to work — Disability pay, if you have any, covers only a fraction of most people’s income. Being unable to work also affects a sense of well-being and purpose.
- Quality of life — Following a TBI, you may never be able to enjoy the kind of life you once did, in your career and your personal life. And that consequence deserves compensation.
- Impaired concentration and memory — Head trauma can affect your ability to understand and retain information, making it difficult to carry on conversations or read or, more importantly, work.
- Pain and suffering — The physical and emotional damage suffered in TBIs may be difficult to quantify but qualifies as an avenue for recovery of damages.
If your brain injury was caused by another person’s recklessness or neglect, or in rare cases by medical malpractice, your suffering demands justice. Each case’s merit is based on its own facts, but our lawyers have proven results. Personal injury attorney John Cooper was a member of the legal team that successfully obtained a $46 million verdict for a client who suffered a brain injury. After the verdict, a new trial was ordered because the judge found the amount to be excessive, and the case was subsequently settled for an undisclosed sum. This remains one of the largest jury awards for a closed-brain injury ever.
Recovering from brain injury
In most cases, it is impossible to reverse TBI damage. Usually, initial medical treatment focuses on minimizing further damage and may include one or more surgeries or an induced coma. Once a patient has stabilized, medical personnel put together a rehabilitation plan that may include treatment by:
Specialized treatment is exorbitantly expensive. When you factor in losing the ability to work, necessary home health care, and the suffering of both the injured party and the family, putting a number on fair compensation may seem impossible. Our brain injury lawyers work with your family as if they were our own to fully assess the damages and to fight for every penny you are due.
To get the compensation you deserve following a TBI, contact our veteran attorneys today
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in an accident caused by the carelessness of others, please contact our experienced attorneys at Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers today by calling 757.455.0077 to schedule a free case evaluation. Our lawyers can also travel to your home or hospital if you cannot come to us.