Chesapeake, VA Personal Injury Lawyers
Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers works with clients and the families of victims, who have been involved in motorcycle, truck, or car accidents in Chesapeake, a city of 222,209, according to the 2010 Census, making it the third largest city in Hampton Roads. We want the injury claim process to be as straightforward as possible for you under difficult circumstances after you have been hurt in an accident, due to the fault of another person.
Chesapeake is bordered by Norfolk and Virginia Beach to the east, Suffolk to the west and north and the North Carolina border to the south. It has large areas of farmland and swamp. Chesapeake is one of the newest cities in Hampton Roads. It was formed by an amalgamation in 1963. Its character is more suburban than Norfolk where many residents commute to work. It also includes portions of the Great Dismal Swamp.
We have a client meeting location in Chesapeake by appointment, or we can come to you at home, in the hospital or anywhere convenient to you. One of our injury attorneys Bill O’Mara, grew up in Chesapeake.
638 Independence Parkway, Ste 240
Chesapeake, Virginia 23320
HIGHWAYS AND ACCIDENT LOCATIONS
Chesapeake is served by a number of Interstates including I-664 which includes the treacherous Bowers Hill Interchange, the I-464 into Norfolk, the I-64 and U.S. Highways 13, 17, 58, and 460. State Route 168 is also a major highway including the Chesapeake Expressway toll road to North Carolina (NC).
Although Chesapeake saw fewer accidents than neighboring Norfolk in 2010, there were more fatalities on its roads. There were 2,394 accidents, 1,483 injuries and 13 deaths, according to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Five railroads pass through parts of Chesapeake, The two major railroads CSX Transportation and Norfolk Southern, are joined by three short line railroads. Norfolk Southern has a railroad yard in Chesapeake.
Chesapeake Public Schools employs about 5,200 people, the City of Chesapeake employs almost 2,900 and the Chesapeake Regional Medical Center employs 2,500.
CHESAPEAKE, VA SCHOOLS
Chesapeake has seven public high schools - Deep Creek, Grassfield, Oscar Smith, Great Bridge, Hickory, Indian River and Western Branch. It has 10 middle schools and 26 elementary schools.
COURTS, POLICE AND FIRE
- Chesapeake Circuit Court and the General District Court are located at 307 Albemarle Drive. The Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court is at 301 Albemarle Drive.
- Chesapeake Police Department is at 304 Albemarle Drive.
- Chesapeake Fire Department is at 304 Albemarle Drive. The City has 15 fire stations.
CHESAPEAKE CITY GOVERNMENT AND HEALTH
- Chesapeake City Hall is at 306 Cedar Rd.
- Chesapeake Regional Medical Center is at 736 Battlefield Blvd., North
- South Norfolk is a former separate incorporated town on the Norfolk border.
- Deep Creek was built up in the 18th and 19th centuries on the original route of U.S. Highway 17, and has been bypassed by modern highway improvements.
- Great Bridge contains major municipal buildings and a library and is on the site of a American Revolutionary War Battle of Great Bridge, which took place on December 9, 1775.
- Greenbrier, is the commercial hub of Chesapeake containing the Greenbrier Mall and many hotels.
- Western Branch is to the north of much of Chesapeake and borders Suffolk and Portsmouth. It is the site of the Chesapeake Square Mall.
Chesapeake is served by the Virginian Pilot newspaper, WAVY TV 10, WTKR Channel 3 and WVEC 13.
Chesapeake contains part of the Great Dismal Swamp federal wildlife reserve and the Dismal Swamp Canal. North West River Park is an unspoiled area close to North Carolina. Chesapeake Park contains the children’s play area Fun Forest. Oak Grove and Indian River Park are two other unspoiled areas.
The specialized accident and injury attorneys at Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers have decades of combined experience of practicing law in Chesapeake. We are available 24/7. We do not get paid until you get paid at the end of the case. If you have any further questions or would like to receive a free consultation, contact us at 757.410.7301.