Personal Injury Lawyers on the Eastern Shore of Virginia
The attorneys at Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers have been involved in accident, injury and wrongful death claims from the Eastern Shore of Virginia for decades. The Eastern Shore is a rural area that sees some horrendous motor vehicle collisions, especially crashes with cars and tractor-trailers. Unlike most Hampton Roads law firms, we have a dedicated client meeting location on the Eastern Shore in Exmore, VA. The experienced attorneys at Cooper Hurley make regular visits to the Virginia Eastern Shore and we can come to you at home, in the hospital or anywhere else convenient for you.
Our injury law firm is quite aware of the special issues residents of the Virginia Eastern Shore face when they are hurt, like access to doctors and healthcare providers. We are experienced at helping our injured clients get the services they need and the compensation they deserve from an automobile accident.
3443 Virginia Avenue
Exmore, Virginia 23350
As Eastern Shore injury lawyers, we work with clients and the families of victims, who have been involved in car, motorcycle or truck accidents in two counties with a combined population of 45,553 as of 2010. The Eastern Shore of Virginia consists of Northampton and Accomack counties. Separated from Virginia Beach by the 23-mile long Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, the Shore can feel far from the cities of Tidewater, being agricultural in its character and dominated by soybeans, chicken farming, tourism and fisheries.
HIGHWAYS AND ACCIDENT LOCATIONS
While the Virginia Eastern Shore sees fewer accidents than cities such as Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, VA when they do occur they can be serious. Most take place on the US-13 the main road that links the Eastern Shore to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel to the south and Maryland to the north.
Accomack County saw 496 crashes, 248 injuries and 8 fatalities in 2013, according to Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT). The fatality rate was higher than many cities in Hampton Roads. Northampton County had a lower number of wrecks with 226 crashes, 61 of them with injuries and just one death in 2013.
Major employers include the tourism industry, chicken farming, Bayshore Concrete Products Corporation and New Ravenna, Inc. NASA has a flight facility at Wallops Island near Chincoteague.
EASTERN SHORE, VA SCHOOLS
Accomack Public Schools has five public schools, Arcadia High, Chincoteague High, Nandua High, Tangier Combined School and Badger Technical Center. There are two middle schools and five elementary schools.
Northampton County Schools comprises one high school and two elementary schools.
COURTS, POLICE AND FIRE
- Accomack Circuit Court is at 23316 Courthouse Avenue, Accomac. The General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court is at 23371 Front Street, Accomac.
- Northampton Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations Courts are at 5229 The Hornes, Eastville.
- Accomack County Sheriff’s office is at 23323 Wise Court, Accomac.
- Northampton County Sheriff’s office is at 16404 Courthouse Rd.
- Northampton Emergency Services is based at 13294 Lankford Highway. There are six fire stations manned by volunteer fire fighters.
- Accomack has 15 fire stations and is based at 24420 Lankford Highway
EASTERN SHORE GOVERNMENT AND HEALTH
- Accomack County is based at 23296 Courthouse Ave, Accomac.
- Northampton County is based at 16404 Courthouse Rd. Eastville.
- Shore Memorial Hospital at 9507 Hospital Ave. Nassawadox, is the only hospital serving the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
EASTERN SHORE NEIGHBORHOODS
- The beach community of Chincoteague is the most visited place on Virginia’s Eastern Shore. It’s famous for its wild horses.
- Tangier Island is an isolated community on an island in the Chesapeake Bay.
Sparsely populated Northampton County has Historic townships, such as Eastville, Cheriton and Cape Charles, containing buildings more than 350 years old.
The Eastern Shore Post is a small locally owned newspaper. The Eastern Shore of Virginia is also served by the Virginian Pilot newspaper, WAVY TV 10, WTKR Channel 3 and WVEC 13.
- Chincoteague is famous for its historic harbor, lighthouse and wild horses
- Tangier Island is a famous off the beaten track attraction well known for sea food and its local dialect.
- Kiptopeke State Park is famous for its beaches and is close to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, in itself a visitor attraction.
Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers values its relationships with our current and past clients on the Eastern Shore of Virginia and our attorneys have been helping people on the Shore for decades. We are available 24/7 and we do not get paid until a case is completed. If you have further questions or would like to schedule a free consultation, contact us at 757.226.7689.