Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers
Providing you and your loved ones personal attention
At Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers, our attorneys have more than 40 years of combined experience getting clients the maximum possible compensation for their injuries. Our lawyers offer around-the-clock access from the moment you hire us through the completion of your case. We also see it as our job to explain the legal process to you so that you understand what’s happening at every step. Whether at a negotiating table or in a courtroom, we are motivated to win on your behalf, as we’ve done successfully in many cases over many years.
If you have been injured in an accident that was caused by another person’s recklessness or negligence, you have a right to seek fair compensation for your losses. In some cases, your injuries may only need short-term care before you make a full recovery. Unfortunately, other injuries can be more devastating, requiring long-term medical treatment and rehabilitative care. You may find that your ability to work has been permanently limited. Serious personal injuries may last your whole life.
The personal injury attorneys at Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers focus on helping accident victims with injuries that will impact their lives on a long-term basis. When your injury has catastrophic consequences, our injury lawyers are here to help ensure that every part of your life that was impacted by your accident is taken into account. We fight tirelessly for our clients to ensure verdicts and settlements that provide them everything they will need to recover financially, physically, and emotionally.
The pain and suffering element is often the biggest component of personal injury damages. Pain and suffering is typically more acute with serious personal injuries.
Full-service Virginia personal injury advocates
Our Virginia firm focuses exclusively on personal injury law in the following practice areas:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Whether a car or a truck hit you or you were sideswiped on your motorcycle, we provide you with sound counsel and determined advocacy, backed by personal service. Our firm also represents those who have been in a boating accident. We’ve written a book on the subject, which is free for anybody who wants it.
- Serious Injuries— We represent victims who have experienced a head injury, brain injury, paralysis and spinal injury. Let us help you collect the compensation you deserve.
- Railroad Accidents — We have years of experience representing passengers and railway workers involved in railroad accidents. We’ve also written a book on the injuries sustained in such accidents, which we also offer free.
- Medical Malpractice — Despite great advances in medicine, mistakes are made by physicians and other healthcare professionals that result in medical malpractice. Whether you question what happened in an emergency room in surgery or you feel you have been over- or under-medicated, talk to our experienced team. We get answers.
- Premises Liability — We know the complexities of a premises liability claim. From falling objects and insufficient security to dangerous stairs, we are familiar with the ins and outs of what property owners are supposed to do to keep you safe on their premises.
- Products Liability — Manufacturers, sellers and advertisers can all be held liable for defective products, dangerous prescription drugs and medical devices that injure you and cause additional health complications.
- Wrongful Death — Losing a loved one to someone else’s negligent or reckless act turns your world upside down. We handle wrongful death cases with empathy and strength, seeking justice and compensation for your loss.
Types of Serious Personal Injury
Some examples of serious personal injury include:
Protecting rights, educating clients
Our firm focuses on representing people who’ve suffered catastrophic injuries and getting them the compensation they need to heal and move on. Among other things, we fight for damage awards that cover:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future lost income
- Permanent disability
- Quality of life damages
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
Insurance companies rarely offer an adequate settlement because their goal is protecting their own interests by minimizing their payouts. Only by hiring an aggressive personal injury attorney can you be sure that you receive the best possible outcome. Our Chesapeake personal injury attorneys at Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers know how to negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, fighting for a settlement that covers the full extent of your losses.
Call now to get the advocacy you deserve
If you or a loved one has been injured by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, contact our attorneys at Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers by phoning 757.455.0077 today for a free case evaluation. If your injury has made transportation an issue, we will come to you. We serve clients throughout Virginia from our main office in Norfolk.
We have 8 Hampton Roads Locations: