Knowledgeable Lawyers Represent Victims of Accidents & Injuries in Newport News, VA
Aggressive pursuit of the full compensation you deserve
Virginia’s fifth-most populous city, Newport News, has a long history dating back to the earliest English colonies. The city is named after Captain Christopher Newport who helped to establish the first permanent English colony in North America at nearby Jamestown in 1607. Today, the city of 182,000 plus people is mostly known for ship-building and a sizeable military base, Fort Eustis, home to the U.S. Army's Transportation Corps. But the Marine Terminal, served by railroad giant CSX Transportation, has made Newport News an inviting spot for several manufacturing and technology companies, and the Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility draws scientists from around the world to engage in cutting-edge research. Newport News is a bustling industrial community where anything is possible. But, unfortunately, accidental injuries occur frequently on the congested highways of the Virginia Peninsula. The city also frequently sees industrial accidents at its heavy industries. If you are injured due to someone’s negligence in or around Newport News, you can trust Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers to pursue the full compensation you deserve. We have a client meeting location close to the City Center at Oyster Point.
Experienced management of auto accident injury cases
In a densely populated city like Newport News with numerous large-scale employers, including a shipyard with more than 15,000 workers, commuting is no easy task. Thousands of cars pass over the James River Bridge and through the Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel daily, feeding Interstates 664 and 64, as well as US 17 and US 60. It’s no wonder that motor vehicle accidents are a frequent occurrence, due to:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
- Speeding and aggressive driving
If you’ve been seriously hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle crash, or as a pedestrian, Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers is a law firm you can trust to assert your rights. Our injury attorneys have more than 60 years of combined experience in hotly contested motor vehicle accident cases. We have recovered many millions of dollars for our clients over the years, and lawyers on our staff have earned numerous accolades. These include AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for high ethical standards and professional ability, the Client Champion Silver Award, inclusion on the Virginia Super Lawyers list, admission to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and a perfect 10.0 Avvo Rating.
Our experience extends to all types of passenger car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle and pedestrian accidents involving:
- Head-on collisions
- Intersection accidents
- Rear-end crashes
- Side-swipes and side-impact crashes
- Multi-car pileups
- Vehicle rollovers
Our legal team confers with qualified experts in accident reconstruction. We also conduct interviews with potential witnesses and take depositions from opposing parties, all to prove liability for the crash. A negligent driver may have been texting or talking on a cellphone, run a red light or stop sign, or failed to yield the right of way. Our poorly maintained roads are a factor. In Newport News, busy highways like JEfferson Avenue and Warwick Boulevard bear the brunt of heavy traffic accessing the shipyard. Once we have ascertained the cause of your crash, we are ready to pursue the at-fault parties and secure the compensation you deserve.
Personal injury attorneys handle a variety of accident cases in Newport News
Motor vehicle accidents are a leading source of injury, but we also represent clients who have been harmed by other types of negligence. These cases include:
- Slip and fall — In Newport News, you can enjoy an afternoon or evening out at a variety of venues, such as the Virginia Living Museum, Riverview Farm Park, Huntington Park, Mariners' Park or the Patrick Henry Mall. But if a hidden hazard at any location causes a slip and fall or another kind of accident, you can be left with a painful injury and a long period of recovery. Fortunately, our injury lawyers are prepared to manage your injury claim while you recover.
- Defective products — Tens of thousands of Americans sustain serious injuries from defective auto parts, electronics, medical devices, toys, and prescription or over the counter drugs with dangerous side-effects. But don’t expect a large corporation to be sympathetic. Our legal team has the experience and resources to challenge powerful defendants and hold them accountable.
- Medical malpractice — Newport News has many fine healthcare facilities, including the Riverside Regional Medical Center, the Children's Specialty Group, and the Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital. The Sentara CarePlex Hospital is located close by in Hampton. Sadly, mistakes by medical providers are a leading source of accidental injury and death. If you’ve been harmed due to medical malpractice, our dedicated attorneys can provide the effective representation you need.
Our experience in these types of cases is just one factor to consider. You can also be confident in our ability to convey the seriousness of your injury and obtain the appropriate compensation for your suffering. We’ve handled a range of injury cases on the Virginia Peninsula in which victims sustained serious and catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Concussion and traumatic brain injury
- Crush injuries
- Internal organ injury
- Lacerations and puncture wounds
- Multiple, displaced bone fractures
- Neck and back injuries, including paralysis of the spine
- Whiplash injuries, torn ligaments, and damaged discs
- Serious industrial injuries
We consult with certified medical and economic experts to fully understand the extent of your injuries and your prognosis for the future. We lay out a detailed case for damages to maximize the amount you are able to recover.
If you have sustained a personal injury, the time to act is now. The Virginia statute of limitations allows only two years from the date of your injury to file an action. But it’s also important to act immediately to preserve evidence and strengthen your case.
Contact a determined injury lawyer in Newport News to assert your rights
Take advantage of a free consultation with Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers, and learn how we can best represent your interests in your personal injury litigation. We accept personal injury cases on a contingency basis, so there are no legal fees until you recover compensation through a settlement or court verdict. Call us today at 757.455.0077 or contact our office online to schedule your appointment. Our Newport News office is located close to the bustling City Center at Oyster Point.
Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers
13195 Warwick Blvd Suite 2-B1
Newport News, VA 23602
"My son and I were in an accident March...I hired Cooper Hurley to represent my son and I. The staff is very professional. Nicole was excellent, very informative very professional and when I needed her she was always there. Excellent law firm that will give you the best service and care."
-Tasha D. ★★★★★
"After an automobile accident I turned to Cooper Hurley due to back injury. Nicole and Mr Hurley were great at guiding me through the process."
-Mike B. ★★★★★
"I was very pleased with the personalized care that I received working with the team at Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers. From the top to the bottom you could tell that teamwork was the goal. Attorney Griff O'Hanlon and his assistant Candace went above and beyond to calm me about the entire process and in the end their diligence helped me recover my loses due to the accident. Thank you guys for all your help."
-Chris B. ★★★★★
See all client reviews