Experienced Attorneys Assert Your Rights After Accidents & Injuries in Virginia Beach
Fighting for the full compensation you deserve
Virginia Beach is the Commonwealth’s most populous city with about 452,000 permanent residents. It's also one of its most beautiful, attracting visitors from all over the world to its scenic ocean front. Yet, whether you are living and working in Virginia Beach or you are on vacation, an accidental injury can leave you in serious pain, wondering which way to turn. In the difficult days and months following a traffic accident, a slip and fall, or other injury event, you can trust Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers to manage your claim effectively and to recover the compensation you’re entitled to.
Damages from a personal injury claim in Virginia Beach
“Damages” is the legal term for the economic and noneconomic losses you have suffered and may suffer in the future due to an injury. If your injury was due to another person’s negligent, reckless or deliberate act, you are entitled to recover your damages from that person. Categories of personal injury damages include:
- Medical bills, present and future
- Lost income, present and future
- Pain and suffering
The job of your injury attorney is to help you obtain the maximum amount possible from your claim. This is even more important if you have a serious injury, like a bone fracture or whiplash, which is likely to impact your life in the future, or a catastrophic injury, such as traumatic brain injury or spinal cord damage that will permanently change your life.
To get the greatest compensation possible for your claim, your legal team from Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers draws on more than 60 years of combined legal experience to deliver the quality legal representation you’d expect from lawyers who are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for high ethical standards and professional ability. They have received numerous accolades, such as the Client Champion Silver Award, admission to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, inclusion on the Virginia Super Lawyers list, and a perfect 10.0 Avvo Rating.
Knowledgeable assistance for a variety of car accidents in Virginia Beach
If you’ve been injured in a traffic accident, the most important legal question is, “Who or what caused the crash?” Discovering the answer requires skillful inquiry and in-depth investigation. Fortunately, Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers have extensive experience with all types of motor vehicle crashes, including:
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-swipes and side-impacts
- Head-on collisions
- Multi-vehicle pileups
- Wrong way driver accidents
- Intersection crashes
We work with knowledgeable accident reconstruction experts who have experience investigating crashes on many of Virginia Beach’s most dangerous roadways, including:
- US-60, including Atlantic Avenue, Pacific Avenue and Shore Drive
- Virginia Beach Boulevard (US-58)
- Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
- Sandbridge Road
- Independence Boulevard
- Holland Road
- Rosemont Road
Our team performs comprehensive examination of the crash site and damaged vehicles, along with interviews of potential witnesses, to determine the cause of the accident. Common causes of car, truck, and motorcycle wrecks we encounter in our practice include:
- Alcohol and drug use
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Dangerous road conditions
- Failure to heed a traffic signal or stop sign
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Improper lane changes
Once we have determined the cause of the accident and understand the severity of your injuries, we aggressively pursue the damage award you deserve.
Capable legal representation for a variety of injury events
Our skilled attorneys handle a wide range of injury cases, including:
- Slip and fall — There are countless venues and activities to enjoy in Virginia Beach: shopping or dining at the Town Center, seeing a Broadway-quality show at the Little Theatre of Virginia Beach, or viewing sea life at the Virginia Aquarium. But a slip and fall accident anywhere can leave you writhing in pain and facing a long period of recovery. Fortunately, you can trust our injury lawyers to manage your injury claim while you recover.
- Beach Accidents — Every year people are injured at the Oceanfront. They may be hurt on boars or by vehicles on the beach. Guests at hotels have died from balcony falls and been injured in and around pools. There have even been deaths and injuries from flying beach umbrellas.
- Defective products — Each year tens of thousands of Americans are injured by defective consumer products, such as auto parts, electronics, toys, and tires. Our legal team has the knowledge and resources to hold large corporate manufacturers accountable for the harm their defective products cause.
- Dangerous medications and devices — Thousands of people are hurt or develop terrible side-effects like cancer from prescribed drugs and medical devices. Our dangerous drug lawyers will make sure your claim is properly handled as part of mass tort litigation.
- Medical malpractice — Virginia Beach has numerous excellent healthcare facilities, including Sentara Princess Anne Hospital, Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital, and the Virginia Beach Psychiatric Center, as well as a plethora of highly professional healthcare providers. Unfortunately, medical errors continue to be a leading source of accidental injury and death. If you are hurt by substandard medical care, our malpractice attorneys deliver the effective representation you need.
Every type of injury claim is time-limited, so you must act quickly. The Virginia statute of limitations sets the deadline to file suit for personal injury and medical malpractice at two years from the date of injury. Don’t delay. Preserve your rights and take action today.
Contact a skilled injury lawyer in Virginia Beach to fight for your rights
Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers offers free consultations for injury cases, so you can learn more about our services at no risk to you. We also accept injury cases on a contingency basis, so you pay no legal fees until you recover compensation through a settlement or court verdict. Call us today at 757.455.0077 or contact our office online to schedule your appointment. Our Virginia Beach office is conveniently located at 200 South Kellam Road in the Pembroke/Town Center area, just off the interchange of I-264 and South Independence Boulevard.
Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers
200 Kellam Rd #101
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
"I got into a car accident in Virginia Beach and needed an attorney. I hired John with Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers and he was fantastic. I could call him or anyone on his team anytime if for nothing else to make me feel better about everything that was going in. I'm so thankful for the way they took care of me."
-Trish Y. ★★★★★
"I was in a very severe and traumatizing vehicular accident... I contacted Jim from Cooper and Hurley law offices and they assisted me throughout my entire process. I spoke with Nichole so much, she literally felt like family! Reassuring me that things were being taken care of and informing me of every step that occurred. I am very pleased with their services."
-Carilla H. ★★★★★
"I was injured in a car wreck in Virginia Beach. I sustained back injuries. Still to this day, I feel pain in my back. I heard about Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers through a friend. I worked with attorneys Jim Hurley and Griff O'Hanlon. The service was efficient. Griff O'Hanlon was on top of his game. I was happy with the final result. I got back more than I thought I would get back."
-Cecelia P. ★★★★★
See all client reviews